Explore a Career
Make a difference every day.
Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual tech company that’s modernizing the world of training. Come share your professional magic with highly talented, driven and fun colleagues who believe in the power of “skilling.” Experience what a true team focused on doing the right thing feels like!
Our people and talent are what make us great and fun! We work together to create amazing solutions and experiences for our customers and their clients. We utilize our employees’ personal strengths to help our company grow and ensure our team is living their best, authentic life. We don’t just share our appreciation for our team members once a year with a branded mug—it’s shared daily. Our remote work environment blends the demands of work and life without the added pressure of commuting or feeling guilty about leaving early to visit the dentist.
Come work with us and learn what teamwork and integrity blended with an emphasis on well-being and balance can do for your career!
Interested in joining us?
Our current openings are placed by department below. Select the job title(s) of interest and expand to learn about the role.
Not seeing the role of your dreams? Keep an eye on this page and LinkedIn as we’ll post as more roles are posted!
Product & Technology
The Data Analyst is responsible for performing data analysis tasks, supporting the development of data models, and creating reports using Power BI. Review and evaluate complex technical and business data to create visualizations for data users and derive insights, understanding, and actionable responses. Support the success of the team and help Skillable make data-driven decisions by translating technical and detailed information into easily understandable and accurate reports.
- Create and update reports, ingest and transform data, build data models, create calculations and wireframes for proposed results, and develop visuals
- Collaborate with the Designer to understand and implement mock-ups
- Assist in meeting with report stakeholders for requirements gathering, progress, and signoff
- Assist in developing department resources such as templates and documentation
- Participate in daily/weekly team AGILE meetings
- Develop and maintain Power BI reports and communicate with various technical and non-technical teams to develop data and report requirements
- Conduct data validation and quality checks to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Collect and analyze large data sets to identify trends, patterns, and insights
- Keep data, reports, etc. in line with company’s security compliances and branding
- Assist in educating and mentoring a growing base of Power BI users and in developing a culture of data-driven decision making
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to ensure assignments meet the broader functional and user experience requirements. Gather and define those requirements as needed
- Support and promote the company values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Analyze and make recommendations for improvement of department resources as well as create and maintain departmental documentation
- Other strategic business initiatives or special cross-functional project involvement as required.
Learn more and apply now
The Data Engineer is a highly skilled data professional responsible for executing and guiding on the strategic development and maintenance of our data resources. Responsible for a broad range technical and detailed initiatives including being a thought partner to leadership in the architecture and creation of new data products to working with security and infrastructure resources to ensure the health of databases and data pipelines. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams, including data science, software engineering and product management to build, improve and maintain our data infrastructure, and contribute to the overall success of the company. Partner with leadership to give insights to the team of data engineers and database administrators, ensuring project organization around databases and focusing on continuous stability, security, and performance of databases to contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Provide technical data expertise and guidance to support core business data systems and data-driven processes.
- Serve as a key contributor in the design, development, and maintenance of data pipelines for real-time and batch processing with the support and partnership of other technical team members.
- Design, develop, execute on the implementation and management of databases.
- Build and optimize data models for efficient querying and analysis.
- Monitor and troubleshoot data pipeline and database issues.
- Design and implement database structures and ensure their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Troubleshoot database performance and optimize as necessary.
- Assist in planning database backups and maintenance, disaster recovery, and replication.
- Continuously improve data infrastructure and processes.
- Provide technical knowledge and experience in serving as a lead in the process of creating, delivering, and scaling “Data as a Service” projects or products and data-related features.
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, and analysts to understand data needs and requirements.
- Parter with outside teams, stakeholders and executives to understand business needs and requirements.
- Build and develop key relationships across the enterprise to help build internal enthusiasm and momentum for project initiatives.
- Regularly assist leadership and key Company stakeholders in the development and implementation of data governance policies to ensure data quality.
- Stay current with new database technologies and assist in upgrading systems as necessary.
- Regularly review current and new data technologies and industry trends and implement as appropriate.
- Assist in guiding, influencing and developing a company culture of data-driven decision making.
- Assist leadership in mentoring a growing team of data professionals.
- Represent Skillable at industry events and conferences as required.
- Support and promote the company values through positive interactions with both internal and external partners and customers on a regular basis.
- Other strategic business initiatives or cross-functional project involvement as required.