Explore a Career
Make a difference every day.
Skillable is a 100% remote and virtual company. You will be expected to be a member of a highly talented and productive team, maintain a high degree of output and focus with minimal daily supervision, working on tasks assigned, while enjoying the benefits of a work from home organization.
To help drive team culture and good working relationships, Skillable leverages remote co-working sessions from time to time in different locations around the United States, where the team comes together to work and get to know each other better.
Below are some of the key benefits you’ll receive as part of the Skillable team, where we want you to love your work.
Interested in joining us?
Our current openings are placed by department below. Select the job title(s) of interest and expand to learn about the role.
Not seeing the role of your dreams? Keep an eye on this page and LinkedIn as we’ll post as more roles are posted!
Finance and Human Resources
Skillable is seeking a Human Resources and Benefits Specialist responsible for supporting the employees of Skillable. Oversee and maintain daily operational needs in support of employment experience and life cycle including areas such as employment policies and procedures, benefits, HR compliance standards, employee onboarding, talent development, reward, and recognition and more. Responsible for ensuring the organization’s HRIS and benefit vendor operational standards and tools create are accurate and support business growth goals.
The Human Resources and Benefits Specialist will report directly to the Senior Vice President of People and Culture.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional subject matter expertise and support to employees for benefits onboarding, enrollment, and utilization.
- Serve as a partner and resource on HR related issues, and general employment questions for internal policies.
- Monitor usage of benefits programs through regular auditing and reporting and provide recommendations on enhancements or changes to programs in support of company objectives.
- Manage and administer HRIS and related systems to ensure timely and accurate information and reports. Create, document, and maintain process and procedure guidelines.
- Help ensure complete and regular reviews and updates to company policies in support of company culture and state and federal compliance obligations.
- Act as a partner to payroll team to administer requests for sick days, time off, and leaves of absence, as well as any changes in compensation, bonus or related changes including termination or leave of absence.
- Maintain accurate internal records and company documents to ensure compliance, meet audit needs and manage employment risk.
- Ensure HR practice follows all required laws and statutes.
- Organize and lead mandatory employee compliance training including engaging with the RFP process for outside vendors.
- Build, manage, and maintain efficient processes for the most timely and accurate internal employee and departmental changes,
- Support and promote Skillable values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Other tactical and strategic HR initiatives or cross-functional projects as required.
Skillable is seeking a PART TIME Recruiting and Onboarding Coordinator to assist in the recruitment and hiring of new employees. The Recruiting and Onboarding Coordinator will facilitate the collection and posting of various roles, will screen new candidates and will work with managers to interview and hire qualified applicants. They will assist with various elements of the new employee onboarding and hiring process, as well as maintain our company profile on various job sites.
The Recruiting & Onboarding Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Vice President of People and Culture.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Sourcing candidates using a variety of search methods, to build a robust candidate pipeline.
- Pre-screen candidates by reviewing resumes and job applications and performing phone screenings.
- Manage the interview process through interview scheduling and follow-up with applicants within interviewing process.
- Extend offers of employment and collect new hire documents.
- Ensure managers and supervisors stay abreast of all recruitment and onboarding activity, throughout the new hire process.
- Manage pre-employment assessments and skill assessments.
- Initiate background checks for new hires. Complete reference checks.
- Design and post positions appropriately on job boards, internally and externally.
- Maintain Glassdoor and Indeed branded social media presence.
- Enhance employment brand by facilitating a positive candidate experience for both hired candidates and candidates not hired.
- Track status of candidates in HRIS and ATS and ensure follow-up letters are sent at the appropriate point(s) in the recruiting process. Close job postings and update ATS accordingly.
- Complete new hire paperwork for all new hires.
Reporting to the Director of Security and Compliance, the Information Security and Compliance Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and implementing security tools, standards, procedures, and guidelines for diverse systems environments. They will have the ability to learn and implement a variety of security technologies, such as vulnerability management, data leakage prevention, intrusion prevention, log management and security event management. This position will also require an individual who can work well with both technical and non-technical business partners. Performs job functions with general supervision.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the operation of various information security technologies such as authentication mechanisms, access controls, firewalls, IDS/IPS/SIEM systems, malware detection.
- Monitor and analyze reports, systems logs of alerts for suspicious and malicious activity.
- Monitor and analyze anti-virus and anti-malware systems, secure email notifications, and internal system alerts.
- Manage security events as part of security operations, responding to urgent alerts, which may could include off-hours investigation activities.
- Develop security operations workflows.
- Lead vulnerability remediation efforts for enterprise systems, manage tooling and scanning, prioritization, security asset management, remediation, and mitigation activities.
- Provide support and evidence collection for internal/external audits and risk assessments.
- Assess internal and production environments on an ongoing basis to meet compliance.
- Aid internal business departments classify and secure sensitive information.
- Ensure that security systems are current with software or hardware changes.
- Conduct activities for information security awareness throughout the organization.
- Participate or lead small to medium scoped projects.
- Work across organization boundaries to drive compliance requirements and security controls.
- Consult with business and technology teams on security practices and requirements.
- Conduct research to be current on the latest security issues, threats and technical capabilities of third-party software products to recommend necessary countermeasures.
- Work well with others when conflicts arise, see opportunities, ensure alignment with objectives, find common ground and promote understanding of alternative viewpoints.
- Promote a security culture across Skillable.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skillable is seeking an Information Technology Operations Manager, reporting to the Executive Vice President of Operations. The Information Technology Operations Manager is responsible for a rapid and effective response to platform infrastructure and cloud service disruptions and issues. The Information Technology Operations Manager will mentor, build, and lead a team of IT professionals responsible for the roles of monitoring, troubleshooting and supporting our production infrastructure, cloud platforms and service applications. The Information Technology Operations Manager is responsible for the processes, communication, documentation, execution and management of platforms and tools which Skillable relies on to conduct business. The Information Technology Operations Manager will work with our Production Development and Infrastructure teams to ensure that the platforms we deploy are well documented, monitored, maintained and we have the tools, skills, and personnel to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
To be successful in this role, the Information Technology Operations Manager must be an individual with a deep understanding of our platforms, tools, and technologies, as well as how those are deployed globally to support our customers. This position requires demonstrated team leadership, efficiency in planning and execution, partner and client interaction, process creation and implementation, multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail.
This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President of Operations and is a member of the Technology Operations team. Reporting to this position are Network Operations Center engineers and Platform Support engineers. This position works closely with members of Infrastructure, Development, Tier 3 engineering, and Release Management.
- Network Operations Center: Monitors Skillable services and performs escalation and incident management, including internal and external communication
- Platform Support: Members of our Infrastructure and Development teams who specialize in maintaining, troubleshooting, and fixing production services and infrastructure
- Tier 3: Members of our customer support team who provide deep troubleshooting to our premium support clients and internal Skillable employees and stake holders for technical issues
- Release Management: Members of our Production Development team who build, test and release updates for Skillable platforms
This is a remote position with opportunities for occasional travel for team meetings.
- Technical experience with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Technical experience with Windows Server, Linux, enterprise networking and transit and distributed global services
- Experiencing with, or preferably managing, monitoring, and reporting systems and processes
- Experience with release management and the application release lifecycle
- A proven ability to manage complex platform infrastructure
- A deep understanding of tools and processes to effectively run a 24/7/365 team
- Proven ability to effectively develop and manage a technical team and most importantly develop individual team members
- Have the ability to prioritize and organize the tasks and needs of the organization and individuals
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a broad audience of non-technical and technical people
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of technology and its execution on modern platforms
- Have the ability to execute against broad organizational strategy and goals
The Network Operation Center Engineer is responsible for monitoring out production applications using all monitoring tools provided, the production software itself and any other means by which you need to ensure all issues are caught proactively. The role is also responsible for owning and managing all incident reports from start to resolution with system health monitoring/management, customer/internal team communications, tracking and documenting all defects and resolutions in detail through a designated ticketing system. Troubleshooting/triage of issues within their defined areas.
This position is completely remote; therefore, a qualifying candidate is expected to have a home workspace that includes a private, quiet area for meetings and conference calls and there may be occasional travel. The NOC team provides 24x7x365 support to the company and therefore some NOC positions require an after-hours schedule. The role also includes an on-call escalation rotation.
The NOC Engineer reports directly to the NOC Manager and is a member if the NOC Team.
Essential Functions job duties refer to those responsibilities that are critical and necessary to do the job.
- Be the lead and point person for all Incident Management
- Own the issue from inception to close
- Get information and report it effectively and timely to the company and external support pages according to documented and agreed to procedures
- Communicate incidents and outages to customers and Skillable employees
- Clear and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Communicate to a broad audience, stakeholders, customers and colleagues
- Translate technical topics to various audiences
- Provide accurate and specific information to platform engineering teams
- Ticket Management:
- Respond to and resolve tickets within the SLA
- Ensure tickets are tagged appropriately
- Escalate issues as needed
- At all times have a thorough understanding of all aspects of our production software applications and services, including all features, functions, and capabilities
- Be familiar with high priority clients/programs and general users
- Maintain a knowledge of service architecture, design, resource configuration, and business impact of events and symptoms
- Expertise in monitoring tools
- Knowledge of service subject matter and business processes.
- Knowledge of incident models, diagnostic tools, methods.
- Analytical skills
The Platform Support Administrator is a vital role in the Technical Operations department and has a direct impact on the Skillable customer experience. The Platform Support Administrator is responsible for building and managing Skillable lab environments using Hyper-V, VMWare and cloud platforms.
Platform Support Administrator reports directly to the Support Operations Manager but will also receive job assignments from the Platform Support Lead.
1. Ability to effectively manage one’s time in a remote work from home environment.
2. Ticket Management
a. Respond to and resolve tickets in a timely manner utilizing the Zendesk Support Software.
b. Ensure tickets are tagged, triaged, and addressed appropriately, promptly and within SLA limits.
c. Escalate issues as needed.
d. Provide timely and excellent customer service.
3. Content Provider Lab Management
a. Troubleshoot and escalate issues with labs to Content Provider contact.
4. Platform Administration
a. Assist Platform Administrators as required.
The Technical Support Engineer (Tier 3) is vital in the Skillable Customer Operations department. Technical Support Engineer (Tier 3) functions as Tier-3 support, assisting the Skillable Technical Services Support (Tier-1 and Tier-2) with advanced lab issues.
The Technical Support Engineer (Tier 3) reports directly to the Tier-3 Manager.
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to effectively manage one’s time in a remote work-from-home environment.
- Ability to operate equipment such as telephone, computers, etc.
- Ability to advocate for clients within Skillable
- Participation in daily and weekly meetings
- Build and Maintain Skillable Internal Lab Profiles by configuring Virtual Machines, Cloud Services & ancillary documents, and resources as needed
- Build and maintain Microsoft Official Curriculum and Microsoft Community courses within the provided timeframe
- Assist with Event Preparation as needed
- Assist with deployment of lab files for large scale events featuring Skillable hosted labs
- Opportunities may involve traveling to provide on-site event assistance
- Content Ticket Management
- Respond to and resolve tickets promptly utilizing the Zendesk Support Software
- Ensure tickets are tagged, triaged, and addressed appropriately, promptly, and within SLA limits
- Effective escalation and follow-up of issues as needed
- Provide timely and excellent customer service
- Content Provider Lab Management
- Attend Content Provider meetings and work with Content Provider on their build schedules
- Troubleshoot and escalate issues with labs to Content Provider contact
Sales & Marketing
The Marketing Manager reports to the Vice President of Marketing and is responsible for creating and executing lead generation for our organization.
- Partner with VP of marketing and product and sales teams to develop integrated marketing communications (IMC) strategy
- Understand and support the Skillable brand vision through careful execution of the design, messaging, voice and approach of all marketing efforts
- Develop deliverables and report out on overall success of impact through marketing channels
- Develop sales tools that support a cohesive representation of our solutions
- Work cross functionally to build sales engagement in marketing programs
- Leverage marketing technology including marketing automation and databases to optimize campaign effectiveness
- Manage campaign budgets and the work of external vendors when necessary
- Provide analysis of data to support decisions made by those with accountability
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and Skillable Company Values
- Develop and implement IMC plans and campaigns, including the IMC component of Go-to-Market plans in alignment with key business priorities, brand and customer needs
- Ensure consistency and integration across all messaging platforms
- Manage the execution elements of the optimal IMC mix including advertising, web marketing, collateral, case studies, videos, events, demos, PR, broadcasts/webinars, digital, social media, demand generation, thought leadership, etc.
- Collaborate with sales operations to track lead generation to revenue where applicable
The Senior Customer Success Project Manager is responsible for providing structure to the Customer Success Team and has a broad set of responsibilities which encompasses the successful delivery of customer-based projects. The Senior Project Manager interacts with Customer Success Managers, Customers and other Sales teams with primary responsibility for estimation of effort to accomplish Customer Onboarding and onboarding Customer based technical projects.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for ensuring an effective project launch, scope management, escalation management and resource strategy (including growth) aligning to Customer Success/Skillable project targets. The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for the ongoing health of the active project portfolio, balancing quality with cost-efficacy and timely execution in tandem with the Customer Success Managers and other Project Managers. The Senior Project Manager has direct responsibility for meeting schedule targets as established by management and will keep team members informed to ensure timely and accurate client communication.
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Team Lead, Customer Success.
Essential Job Duties
Essential job duties refer to those responsibilities that are critical and necessary to do the job, but also include the following:
- Ensuring we deliver a quality product and satisfaction to our customers, through exceeding expectations and working to earn trust and confidence aimed at creating continuous demand.
- Maximize new opportunities through existing relationships, maintain balance while expanding, grow without compromising our brand.
- Prepare for change and plan for the ‘unknown’.
- Support Customer Success and Sales efforts.
- Implementing recommendations to improve processes and procedures.
- Maintaining good relationships with employees. Coordinating with the Team Lead to align goals, make improvements and strategize.
- Motivating employees to exceed expected goals.
- Building trust and long-term relationships with managers, executives, vendors and clients.
- Analyzing data and comparing to goals.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all employees, company, and vendor/client information.
- Document case study and lessons learned to increase Team’s knowledgebase.
- Participate on projects as delivery resource for writing; testing; quality assurance as appropriate.
- Mentor other Project Managers.
This role reports to the Director of Software Engineering. They will work closely with and be a member of one of our development scrum teams in a collaborative, agile environment. At times, they may be required to work directly with members of the leadership, other teams, or other departments to ensure assignments meet the broader functional and user experience requirements.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to the following areas:
Work as a member on one of our high performing Scrum Teams
- Participate in all of the Agile Scrum Ceremonies, including but not limited to, Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Level Planning Sessions, Sprint Level Refinement Sessions, Sprint Level Retrospectives, and as needed Requirements Gathering Sessions.
- Work on and maintain the Unit Testing suite for the assigned Scrum Team.
- Work with the Scrum Master to provide updated story statuses and breakdown of roadblock statuses.
- Prepare and participate in presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences (including Sprint demonstrations and company-wide release demonstrations).
- Work on Production Support tickets as required.
Collaborate with Product Management to flesh out product requirements so that the development stories can reach their DoR (Definition of Ready)
- Attend and participate in Requirements Gathering Sessions to assist with requirements from a technical perspective.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate feature level requirements to allow them to be broken down into smaller story sized pieces.
- Assist Product Owner and Scrum Master with scope and estimation for proposed solutions leading to accurate cost and timeline estimates.
- Determine how changing business needs will affect current systems, processes, and technological needs of the Department, and Scrum Team.
- Define and outline Unit Tests before stories have begun being developed to assert that all Acceptance Criteria and primary functional testing scenarios for features and user stories have been covered, and that everything has been thought through.
- Identify and coordinate cross-functional dependencies throughout the release cycle.
- Identify and analyze non-functional requirements such as system performance, usability, reliability, adaptability, security, legal, and other operational aspects.