Welcome to Skillable!
Congratulations on choosing to participate in the Microsoft Learn for Educators (MSLE) program! Skillable is excited to partner with Microsoft to provide the labs needed for success in each of the available courses.
Skillable is the virtual labs platform provider with the ability to provision Azure-based labs to students for enabling their hands-on experience and skills validation.
WE BELIEVE: Skilling is the future of training and it’s hands-on. Experiences will be supplemented by videos and Instructors, not vice versa. Challenge-centric learning is the next instructional design model. Scored labs and shared labs will innovate hands-on learning and we’re leading the way. Performance testing is the future of certification and badging.
- Excellent hands-on labs and support
- Effective skilling program – “learn while doing”
- Skills validation
The information found below in the General Information and FAQ will assist you in accessing your lab content.
A hands-on lab is a multi-objective, scenario-based activity typically found at the end of a module or course to reinforce learning. Labs are hosted by an Authorized Lab Hoster and provided to support course delivery. Labs are mapped to the course materials provided through MSLE. Skillable is the Authorized Lab Hoster for the MSLE program.
Labs provided by Authorized Lab Hosters are different from sandbox labs that are included within Microsoft Learn modules. The Microsoft Learn sandbox (sometimes called the Azure sandbox) is a free environment that you can use to explore Azure through Microsoft Learn content. For more information, visit the Learn Sandbox FAQ.
Education Institution option – This option is for academic institutions with multiple faculty members interested in establishing a relationship with Microsoft at the department, program, school or institution level.
- There will be a program advisor designated for your institution.
- The program advisor is responsible for accepting business terms of the program, administering the program at your institution and serving as the primary contact with Microsoft.
- Additional information can be found Microsoft Learn for Educators Program Instructions | Microsoft Learn
Individual Educator – This option is for the individual educator who is looking to build their students technical skills.
- Gain access to the Microsoft curriculum and education materials, global Microsoft Learn for Educators Teams community and benefits program.
- Labs are provided at a discount rate.
|MSLE FSI Classes||Azure Pass||Single Use Tenant (30 days)||Multi-use Tenant (2-week)||Cloud Slice||Lab Saves||Restrictions|
|AI-102T00-A Designing and Implementing a Microsoft Azure AI Solution||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|AI-900T00-A Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|AZ-104T00-A Microsoft Azure Administrator||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|AZ-204T00-A Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|AZ-400T00-A Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|AZ-500T00-A Microsoft Azure Security Technologies||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|AZ-700T00-A: Designing and Implementing Microsoft Azure Networking Solutions||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|AZ-900T00-A Microsoft Azure Fundamentals||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|DP-100T01-A Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|DP-203T00-A Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|DP-900T00-A Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
|MB-210T01-A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|MB-220T00-A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|MB-230T01-A Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement for Customer Service||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|MB-800T00-A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|MB-910T00-A Microsoft Certified: Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (CRM)||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|MB-920T00-A Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (ERP)||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|MS-900T01-A Microsoft 365 Fundamentals||Hands On-Labs not available|
|PL-100T00-A Microsoft Power Platform App Maker||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|PL-200T00-A Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|PL-300T00-A Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|PL-400T00-A Microsoft Power Platform Developer||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|PL-900T00-A Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|SC-300T00-A Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|SC-400T00-A Administering Information Protection and Compliance in Microsoft 365||Yes||No||Yes||Saved up to 7 days at a time|
|SC-900T00-A Microsoft Security, Compliance, and Identity Fundamentals||Yes||Yes||No||10 launches per each module|
- Azure Pass – Labs with Azure pass will provide you with a voucher for a specific amount of credit to be spent utilizing Azure Resources for training purposes.
- For AZ-400T00-A: Azure Pass is available for 30 days after it is redeemed.
- For SC-300T00-A: Azure Pass is available for 15 days after it is redeemed.
- For PL-400T00-A: Azure Pass is available for 15 days after it is redeemed.
- Single use tenant (30 days) – Labs that have Microsoft 365 products are provisioned with this type of tenant and available for maximum of 30 days. Labs will need to be completed within this timeframe.
- Multi-use Tenant (2 week) – Labs that have Dynamics 365 products are provisioned with this type of tenant. One (1) tenant provided per class, with a restriction of 24 students per class as there are only 25 user licenses. Available for 2-week class duration.
- Cloud Slice – Labs with cloud slice do not have saves enabled as these courses are broken down into smaller modules that are meant to be completed in one sitting. Cloud Slice labs can be launched a total of 10 times.
- Lab Saves – These labs generally have instructions that build upon themselves and is designed to be done in a single lab environment
The following information outlines tenant provisioning for specific MSLE labs.
Dynamics 365 Fundamentals CRM (MB-910), Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement for Customer Service (MB-230), and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales (MB-210)
The MB-910, MB-230 and MB-210 labs have restrictions and very strict rules that must be adhered to. This class can only be scheduled for a two-week timeframe and must be completed within that two-week period.
Best Practice: The first few days of class are designed for Educator prep. The remaining time is for students to log in to complete the labs.
Important to note:
- In the MSLE portal you will need to indicate in your course details for MB-910, MB-230 or MB-210 a specific two-week timeframe for access to the labs.
- Do not log in until the first day of the class as once labs are launched, the two-week timeframe begins. Based on class end date, labs will no longer be available for use.
- Each Training Key has a limit of 25 uses – 1 for the instructor and 24 max for students. If a class session will have more than 24 students, the Educator will receive additional Training Keys via email to accommodate the total number of students (example: 50 students = 3 unique training keys – the instructor is responsible for sharing the training key with the correct students in that lab).
Courses with maximum 30-day timeframe. Labs must be completed within 30 days due to tenant:
- Microsoft Power Platform App Maker (PL-100)
- Power BI Data Analyst (PL-300)
- Microsoft Power Platform (PL-900)
- Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator (SC-300)
- Microsoft Information Protection Administrator (SC-400)
- Security, Compliance, and Identity (SC-900)
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant (MB-800)
Microsoft 365 Fundamentals (MS-900) – Skillable does not provide labs for MS-900
If your class has challenge labs, please note that instructor monitoring may not be available for all them, however as an alternative we recommend screen sharing through your preferred meeting delivery platform (ex, Teams, Zoom, etc.).
- To set the lab provisioning process in motion:
- Education Institutions – First and foremost, the Program Advisor at the institution must accept the Labs Benefit Terms from the Profile tab in the Microsoft Learn for Educators Portal. Once accepted, educators at the institution will be notified via email to submit course details.
- Individual Educators – Educators will accept Lab terms in the Course Intake form. Once the Course Intake Form is submitted, Skillable will reach out with instructions for purchasing lab seats at a discounted rate.
- Course details are submitted through the Course Intake Form in the MSLE portal. Educator enters the course information including the certification exam students will be taking, how many students in that class will need labs, and when the class will be taught. Accurate details will ensure lab seats are provisioned correctly and at the appropriate time for the class.
Important notes regarding the Course Intake Form and course details:
- Course dates must be scheduled at least 2 (two) weeks prior to the lab start date. Past course dates will not be accepted.
- Educators will not receive an email confirmation after submitting the Course Intake Form. However, Educators can verify submission by navigating to the Courses tab on the MSLE portal.
- The Course Intake Form includes terms that must be accepted by the Educator before submitting.
- For Educators enrolled in the Institution option – if an Educator goes to the Course Intake Form before their Program Advisor has accepted the free labs Benefit, a discounted rate will be displayed. After the Program Advisor has accepted the free Labs Benefit, the language will be updated to show the 100% discounted labs offer.
- For Educators enrolled as an Individual – this is where the Labs Benefit Terms are signed. Upon receipt of the form, Skillable will reach out with instructions for purchasing the lab.
- Once a course is submitted through the MSLE portal it is sent to Skillable, who will provision and manage the labs. Skillable reviews the request to be sure it is complete, and the Labs Benefit Terms have been signed. If anything is missing, Skillable will contact the Educator directly.
- When all information is complete and terms have been signed, requests are processed within 48-72 hours (U.S. holidays may affect these hours).
- Skillable adds the Educator to the system and the system sends an email with instructions for creating a Skillable account and logging in. Emails are sent by email@example.com.
- Educator receives additional email notifications including:
- An email with the class information and instructions for students to sign in with the Training Key
- An email with information about the lab save policies
- Class is scheduled and Educator has full access to the class and platform to prepare for instruction.
- Students will not be able to enroll until the class start date.
Once a class has been scheduled and assigned, the Educator will receive instructions and a Training Key from Skillable. The Educator will be responsible for sharing instructions with students. Instructions should include navigating to the MSLE Lab Portal and registering with a Training Key.
From there, the students will be taken to the Register Page to create their training account. Students will need to view and accept the End User License agreement, then they will be taken directly to their class page.
Please note, all enrolled students will use the same Training Key, with the exception of MB-910. View details.
Note regarding Lab registration: If students use any method other than registering with the Training Key to sign in, their account will be associated with Microsoft FSI, not their organization. This prevents the lab Educator from viewing user account details and completing administrative tasks.
Click Register with Training Key
- Note that the Educator should have already sent Training Key to students by email
The student will be taken to a page to create an account if they haven’t already done so.
- Fill in First Name, Last Name, Email
- Click Save
Students will then be directed to the class page where they can launch lab.
- Under ‘Get Ready’ Software Check, students must click and view the Microsoft End User License Agreement and agree.
- Students will then scroll down and see the labs that are available for their class.
To test the lab access and view system requirements, have students check our Connectivity Requirements. This page contains detailed systems requirement information. Students can also launch a test lab to ensure the lab environment works on their computer. Students who will be using their own laptops are encouraged to verify that they can successfully launch labs from the platform prior to their class.
Support requests can be made by contacting skillable.com/customer-support who will escalate your request to the appropriate team. To expedite assistance, include class details (course, start/end date, location, instructor, training key) in your support inquiry.
Service Level Agreement
- Skillable is the course lab provider partner for the MSLE Program.
- Each request is manually entered by a member of the Skillable team.
- Educator course requests are processed within *48-72 business hours of it being received. (* U.S. Holidays may affect this timeframe)
- No past course date requests will be accepted. Course dates must be scheduled at least 2 (two) weeks from portal request date.
- Incomplete requests may result in a direct communication from Skillable requesting more information or additional action.
- Important informational emails (from firstname.lastname@example.org) will be sent upon course request fulfillment. NOTE: These may go to a Junk email box.
- Email MSLELabs@skillable.com for course and enrollment-related questions.
- As outlined above, create a ticket at skillable.com/customer-support for technical questions (i.e. login errors, lab issues).
Lab Save Policy: Labs with saves enabled, can be saved for up to seven (7) days at a time. Each time a student resumes their lab, they will be able to save it for an additional 7 days. If a lab is not resumed within 7 days of being saved, the lab will cancel and all work will be lost. The student will then need to launch a fresh instance of the lab.
Best practice: We recommend students launch and resave their lab twice a week.
Courses that use our Cloud Slice technology do NOT have saves enable. These courses have labs that are broken down into smaller sizes and are designed to be completed in one sitting. Please note that Cloud Slice labs can only be launched a total of 10 times.
- What Do I Check if a Student Doesn’t See Launch Buttons on Class Activities?
- How Do I Use a Training Key to Access My Labs?
- How Do I Monitor Labs in My Class?
- How Do I Find Lab Connectivity Requirements and Help?
- How Do I Find and Access a Class I’m Scheduled to Teach?
- How Can I Access Labs to Prepare to Teach a Course?
There are three courses that will require an Azure Pass: AZ-400 – Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions, PL-400 – Microsoft Power Platform Developer, and SC-300 – Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator. All other labs have been configured with Cloud Slice (see “What is Cloud Slice” section below for more details).
For labs that do not require tenant-level access, Cloud Slice opens the ability to have pre-deployed and configured Azure resources to complete the lab steps. Upon launch, the learner is provided with a built-in Azure subscription and a user account with required permissions to the subscription. This enables learners to focus on the main lab objectives and not get bogged down in the required setup.
Labs are not graded, but Educators will be able to view progress.
There are Challenge Labs that align to the course modules.
Challenge Labs have different levels – guided, advanced, and expert level – and are sequential, scored labs intended to validate comprehension of skills in preparation for the certification exam.
Labs with save enabled, can be saved for up to seven (7) days at a time. Each time a student resumes their lab, they will be able to save it for an additional 7 days. If a lab is not resumed within 7 days of being saved, the lab will cancel and all work will be lost. The student will then need to launch a fresh instance of the lab.
Best practice: We recommend students launch and resave their lab twice a week.
Courses that use our Cloud Slice technology do NOT have save enabled. These courses have labs that are broken down into smaller sizes and are designed to be completed in one sitting. Please note that Cloud Slice labs can only be launched a total of 10 times.
Visit Skillable’s Help page for details.
No, these labs are not customizable. They were created by the Microsoft Worldwide Learning content development team to be 100% mapped to the course materials.
If you need a custom lab that suits your specific needs, please reach out to us directly at skillable.com/demo-request.
The Skillable Training Management System may be viewed in several languages based on the browser’s language setting. Translation is in place for platform-based wording like headings, labels, and links. However, any data input into a field (or pulled from a field) displays as it is written. For example, if a course name or class name is input into its field in English, then it displays everywhere in English. The only language settings supported outside of English are listed below. Using other varieties of the language may not be supported.
- Chinese (Simplified)
- German – Germany
- Spanish – Portugal
- Spanish – Spain